Finance ManagerPart Time | Boston, MA
FINANCE MANAGER (PART-TIME)
Beacon Academy is seeking a part-time (24 hours/week) Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is a key member of Beacon Academy’s small but powerful administrative team and will be responsible for everything from daily bookkeeping to working with outside professionals to lead and complete our annual audit. He or she will work closely with Beacon Academy’s Founders, Treasurer of the Board of Trustees, and Development staff and report to the Director of Operations. We are looking for a laser-focused professional with at least five years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
· Manage accounting system using QuickBooks.
· Pay bills, review accounts payable and communicate with vendors.
· Reconcile all accounts: checking, savings, brokerage, credit card, online and other payment solutions.
· Monitor brokerage accounts, including stock donations and all transfers. Prepare monthly report on investment income, transfers, donations and fees.
· Deposit payments and reconcile income with Development Team. Work with donors to resolve any accounting questions.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process. Communicate regularly and year-round with external auditors and the audit committee of the board of directors. Work with staff to complete all necessary audit reports.
· Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with management and Board Treasurer; administer and review financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
· Work with Board Treasurer to manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
· Work with senior leadership to manage critical financial matters.
· Participate in organization’s financial and business planning. Generate reports to support grant writing, cost analyses and financial planning.
· Work with insurance broker to ensure Beacon has appropriate and up-to-date insurance coverage, including riders for special events.
· Work with the Development team to provide customized reports for grants.
· Prepare materials for and attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
· Research and update software systems as needed.
· Enroll new employees on payroll and in benefits including retirement, flex spending, health care and dental plans.
· Communicate changes in benefits at benefit plan year-end and institute any changes in payroll and benefits.
· Work with Beacon employees and benefits consultants to answer questions, make changes and resolve issues
· Maintain internal controls for organization to ensure compliance with organizational and government regulations. File 1099 reports at calendar year-end.
· Reconcile payroll deductions and benefit expenses.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Excellent writing and communications skills
· Proficiency with Quickbooks Online, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
· Passion for and commitment to the mission of Beacon Academy
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three references to:
Keely Jones, Director of Operations
Beacon Academy • 477 Longwood Avenue • Boston • MA • 02215 • email@example.com
Beacon Academy admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School in conformance with all applicable law. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
• Post ID: 50243777 massachusetts